Cheryl Dolbel is the Family Liaison Manager at Family First.
Cheryl has 14 years professional experience supporting parents and students in special needs education and has gained valuable experience whilst co-facilitating a parenting support programme in Jersey.
Cheryl has a City & Guilds qualification in ‘Working with Parents’ and has recently achieved a qualification in counselling skills at Highlands College.
As a parent of a special needs daughter, Cheryl has a genuine empathy and understanding of families who are receiving a new diagnosis for their child or who are receiving ongoing specialist care.
Cheryl is committed to working with families and providing a service that will support both emotionally and practically, what can be a very traumatic time in people’s lives.
Examples of how we can help:
• Contact charities on your behalf to request financial support if required.
• Coordinate appointments with professionals when possible, to avoid multiple appointments in an already busy time of your life, allowing you to put your family first.
• Liaise with services and professionals on your behalf whilst you are off island with your child.
• Research information on specific travel, transport and costs of accommodation etc in the UK.
• Be somebody to talk to, a friendly face and emotional support when you need it.
• Connect families in similar situations providing an extended support network.
• Signpost to other services, professionals and resources when required.