Introduction to Family First
The Family First service was founded by the Grace Crocker Family Support Foundation which was set up in 2011 to help local families who had to leave the Island with sick children to receive medical treatment. Feedback from a number of families indicated that the support framework they needed was not available.
The foundation collaborated with the Jersey Community Partnership and along with a cluster group of 18 charities, that also support sick children in Jersey, it was agreed that the Family First service is and will be in high demand to support the existing services and agencies across the island, as well as providing families with the required support they need when going through what can be a traumatic time in their lives.
LV Care Group generously offered the use of their office and HR services to enable Family First to move forward and bring this role to the Island.
What do we do/why come to us?
Family First provide support to families of children in Jersey with illnesses who require off -island treatment.
We are a professional service providing practical support and help in locating resources, services and funding provided by government and voluntary organisations.
How can we help?
• Providing ongoing support for parents/family members and offering someone to talk to during difficult times.
• Sourcing information regarding travel and accommodation in the U.K.
• Providing a link to the services in the island such as Education, Health & Social Care and Social Security.
• Sourcing funding from voluntary organisations for travelling to the U.K and other expenses that may
arise whilst your child is receiving treatment.
• Being a point of call in Jersey whilst your family is in the U.K, to o er emotional support.
• Sharing information with you about other local services or resources available that may be of help.
"The help and support they gave both myself and my family was invaluable and got us through the hardest time of our lives. This was not only financial support but emotional support." Parent in Jersey